last Saturday, along with my mom and my dad, I was finally able to drop by the Blue Petals office to plunk down our 50% down payment. whew. another sigh of relief for me. I was raring to go for months but since my mom got so busy with the Aklan stuff, we had to put it off until she was free.
anyway, just like the rest of our suppliers, we had our eyes set on Blue Petals alone, no other catering services were in the picture. armed with great feedback from W@W as well as high recommendations from our family and friends, it was definitely Blue Petals or nothing. hahaha.
I booked for 200 guests initially, we’re expecting to up the number to 250 pax but James and I decided that we’ll just wait for the final guest count after the invitations have been sent out. their rates have increased a bit, but still very affordable nonetheless. for 200 people, we’ll be shelling out around 76,000 pesos NET, which is definitely not bad considering that most caterers charge 500-700 per head these days excluding the 10% service charge as well as the 12% VAT.
for those interested, here are some things to keep in mind:
* packages range from 38,500 – 45,500 for the first 100 people and then 235-290 / head in excess.
* rates are exclusive to a 10% service charge. no more 12% VAT, though.
* their packages do not include a cake nor a bridal car nor do they offer tiffany chairs. also, disposable items are not included nor provided for the excess food.
* overtime fee of 50.00/hour/waiter in excess of contracted time and 50.00/floor/waiter if the event is held in a building without service elevator
* no corkage fee if you decide on bringing food from other sources except for Lechon. if you would need a food warmer, you just pay for that (300/piece).
* ice cubes and water would be extra. that’s 25 pesos / bag and 35 pesos per 5 gallons.
Blue Petals may not have all the bells and whistles the big name caterers have to offer, but at the end of the day, it’s still far, far cheaper. the 76,000 pesos I have mentioned earlier includes EVERYTHING (service charge, ice cubes, no service elevator fee, etc.), that’s definitely a good deal if you ask me. :)
BLUE PETALS CATERING
18 Guatemala Street
Better Living Subdivision
Paranaque City, Philippines 1711
+63 (2) 822-7510
+63 (2) 822-7511
+63 (2) 822-0142
our AE is Jonalyn Cano, who is super super nice! :)